Airbus Commits To Ensuring A220 Meets Full Potential
A220 now counts 72 airplanes in service with five operators
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 11, 2019 - by Gregory Polek for ainonline.com
Airbus's A220 program continues to evolve into a major market force as improvements such as a 5,000-pound increase in maximum takeoff weight (mtow) and 180-minute Etops approval further express the company's commitment to reinforcing the former Bombardier C Series' commercial appeal.
Speaking with AIN in early June, Airbus A220 head of engineering and customer support Rob Dewar explained that customer demand—not any particular internal objective—prompted the improvements that resulted in a range increase of some 450 nm and ETOPS diversion allowance from 120 to 180 minutes. Calling the mtow a "paperwork exercise," he said it nevertheless required not insignificant investment, even though the airplane's developers recognized the capability from early in the test program.
"It's interesting because we do have an exceptional...
- Airbus Announces Major Performance Improvement To Its Latest ... ›
- Airbus Announces Huge Upgrades To Their A220 Family ... ›
- Things You Don't Know About The First Delta A220 / CSeries ... ›
- Airbus Investing - Increasing A220 Production - Thank You Airbus ... ›
- Air France Evaluating the Airbus A220 - Anne Rigail's Plan to ... ›