France Urges Parts Review After Airbus A380 Engine Blowout
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 2, 2020 - by Tim Hepher and Laurence Frost for www.yahoo.com
PARIS (Reuters) - French investigators have called for a review of the design and maintenance of titanium alloy engine parts to ensure they guard against the risks of metal fatigue following an engine blowout on an Airbus A380 exactly three years ago.
France's BEA agency made the recommendation in a final report into the accident in which an Air France jet carrying more than 500 passengers lost the front section of one of its four engines while flying over Greenland, before landing safely in Canada.
The move follows a perilous investigation involving...
- With The First A380 On The Scrapheap After Just 11 Years Airbus ... ›
- The Last Airbus A380... - FliegerFaust ›
- First Airbus A380 Dismantling - FliegerFaust ›
- Video: 4K 360° COCKPIT CAM: Airbus A380 Takeoff, Lufthansa from ... ›
- The Logistics Involved To Hibernate An Airbus A380 - FliegerFaust ›