Qatar Airways plans to phase out its Airbus A380s from 2024
It would terminate its A380 program...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
March 7, 2019 - by Airlinerwatch.com
Berlin - Qatar Airways' CEO Akbar Al-Baker confirmed that the Gulf carrier will start phasing out its current Airbus A380s in the fleet from 2024 onwards.
Last month, the European aircraft manufacturer announced that it would terminate its A380 program due to lack of demand. Airbus will deliver the last A380 to Emirates Airlines in 2021.
"We will start phasing out A380 as soon as it is ten years old," Akbar al-Baker told reporters at the ITB travel fair in Berlin.
Qatar Airways took delivery of its first Airbus A380 in 2014. The airline has currently ten A380 in its fleet. The airline will replace the Airbus's superjumbos with the Boeing's new generation 777Xs.
- If Air France No Longer Wants The Airbus A380, Will Anyone ... ›
- With The First A380 On The Scrapheap After Just 11 Years Airbus ... ›
- A380 Emirates plane in 'Near Miss' mid-air Collision with Airbus A330 ›
- Is The A380 Less Economical Than a 777-300ER? - FliegerFaust ›
- Update: Qatar Airways A321 Fire In Flight Entertainment Satellite ... ›