Analysis: Boeing-Embraer Saga Leaves Sour Taste in Brazil
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 30, 2020 - by Gregory Polek for ainonline.com
Whatever the reasons for Boeing's early interest in Embraer, the Brazilian company seems to have far more to lose than its U.S. counterpart from the collapse of the deal.
Embraer spent untold man-hours in the so-called carve-out of the business, particularly as it related to IT systems and the moving of its business jet tooling and production out of Sao Jose dos Campos to Gavião Peixoto, where it manufactures the KC-390 military transport.
Slattery's admission of a newfound urgency brought about by the Airbus-Bombardier marriage meant that the A220 did, in fact, raise the stakes for Embraer. But it also suggests it wasn't the main consideration.
Perhaps the premium Boeing agreed to pay for Embraer, along with the $1.6 billion dividend payment to Embraer shareholders, sweetened the offer to the point that the...
- World's Biggest Cargo Plane To Ship Chinese PPE to Quebec ... ›
- Mitsubishi Aerospace Problems - FliegerFaust ›
- Pratt & Whitney Canada's Mirabel, Quebec Aerospace Centre is a ... ›
- Mirabel is Getting Closer To Creating a Major Aerospace Hub ... ›
- STELIA Aerospace (Airbus) continues to develop in Canada ... ›