Could Airbus Build An Ultra Long Stretch Of The A220?
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
January 17, 2020 - by Joanna Bailey for simpleflying.com
The potential for a stretched version of the popular A220 has been regularly discussed on Simple Flying. The A220-500 is seen as a natural development of the type, and it seems it is a case of when rather than if the variant will be announced. But what about a further stretch? An A220-900? How far could Airbus go?
This week, FliegerFaust revealed that Airbus could be looking into multiple variants of the A220, including a -700, -900 and even an A220-1000 ultra-long stretch! Here's what was reported.
Airbus has asked Bombardier to simulate a stretch
Bombardier uses something called the High Performance Computer (HPC) to test and simulate different aircraft designs. A cluster of computers is used to model, in the finest detail, all phases of flight for an aircraft that only exists on the drawing board....
- Exclusive: Airbus Working On More Than One New A220 Models ... ›
- New Air Show in Mirabel, Quebec, Canada in September 2020 ... ›
- CRJ To Disappear in 2020 - Mirabel & Belfast Jobs At Rick ... ›
- Bombardier: “sale of the Q Series aircraft program and de Havilland ... ›
- Russia Sukhoi SuperJet SSJ100 vs Canada Airbus A220 – Which ... ›