Russia Sukhoi SuperJet SSJ100 vs Canada Airbus A220 – Which Aircraft Is Better?
The Sukhoi SuperJet SJ 100 has grown massively in popularity in recent years, but is the aircraft better than the currently popular small jet, the A220? Let us explore
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
December 20, 2019 - by Nicholas Cummins for simpleflying.com
Fliegerfaust Note: To be precise... The A220-300 is not a stretch version of the A220-100... The A200-100 is a compressed version of the A220-300... aka the Bombardier CSeries CS300 is the "base" model... (i.e. The A220-500 will be the "first" stretched version of the A220 (CS300)...)
How will we compare the two aircraft?
In a recent article, we mentioned that the SSJ 100 could potentially have a big comeback in the regional airline space as carriers move towards thinner and shorter routes.
Questions have been raised around whether the Sukhoi SSJ 100 was a good fit compared to the current wonder aircraft, the Airbus A220.
There are two types of A220 aircraft (A220-100 and A220-300), the latter of which is a stretch of the former. Thus they have a similar range but more capacity. Likewise, there are two different versions of the SSJ 100, the original and a 'long-range' version.
For this comparison, we have...
- Video: Did You Know? - Swarms of Cell Phones in SPACE ... ›
- Hunter killer assassins': Why the Boeing saga is the story of our times ›
- Must See VIDEO: Why Do Plane Wings Tilt Upwards? - FliegerFaust ›
- An engineer Boeing who worked as an FAA Authorized Rep (AR) on ... ›
- Mitsubishi Heavy To Relocate 2,000 Employees... SpaceJet... CRJ - FliegerFaust ›