Why the Airbus A340 Has A Middle Landing Gear?
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 17, 2020 - by Nicholas Cummins for simpleflying.com
The Airbus A340 was specially designed for long haul flying and had something not seen with other widebody aircraft flying today. It was a unique middle landing gear that allowed the plane to take off with heavier loads and carry more fuel for its four hungry engines.
What is the middle landing gear?
If you have ever looked carefully at a picture of an A340 (or if you are lucky, in real life), you might have noticed an extra landing gear on the belly in the middle of the plane.
Here it is on a Virgin Atlantic Airbus A340-600 to the rear of the aircraft...
- Must See VIDEO: Why Do Plane Wings Tilt Upwards? - FliegerFaust ›
- Could Airbus Build An Ultra Long Stretch Of The A220? - FliegerFaust ›
- SPACEFORCE! : He Knows Something... UFO? Aliens? President ›
- This CIA Diet Stops Jetlag…But There's A Catch - Simply Follow a ... ›
- What Really Goes On Inside The Grounded Airplanes and Engineering? - FliegerFaust ›