50 AME positions in Calgary in support the CL415EAF Enhanced Aerial Firefighter modification program - JOBS - Relocation Package Available
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME-S)
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 29, 2019 - by Longview Aviation Services / Viking Air
Relocation Opportunity: Calgary, AB
Longview Aviation Services (LAS), in partnership with Viking Air, was established in 2018 to create an "Enhanced Aerial Firefighter" CL-415EAF conversion program. The eleven specially selected CL-215 aerial firefighting aircraft will combine the proven performance of its airframe with modern upgrades to create the next generation of the world's only purpose-built aerial firefighter and multi-mission amphibious platform.
LAS is looking to recruit top talent to assist with this exciting project and is currently accepting applications for an AME-S to join our rapidly growing Calgary operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow the policies and procedures laid out in the Company's Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Policy Manual to ensure the Company is in full compliance with the current Canadian Aviation Regulations;
- Be responsible to their assigned Charge Hand
- Disassemble, inspect, record discrepancies, recommend and record methods of repair
- Repair, fabricate parts and components
- Install, rig and carry out all other mechanical and structural functions and test in accordance with manufacturer's specifications
- Ensure that all applicable airworthiness requirements are met
- Maintain a clean work area, and alert the Supervisor of any safety concerns
- Responsible for ensuring both accuracy and traceability of parts removed or installed on Aircraft
- For those AME's possessing certifying authority, perform and/or certify work performed within the scope of this Aircraft Maintenance Organization
- Perform any other work assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Have experience with the CL 415/215T/215 aircraft
- Have experience with general aircraft repair, fabrication and installation
- Possess knowledge expected of an AME – S on aircraft types handled by the Company
- Shall hold a valid AME "S" Transport Canada License; M2 is preferred or be eligible to be an apprentice to achieve this license
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary
- Full extended health and benefit plan
- The opportunity to join an organization from the ground floor
- great task diversity and unique challenges
NOTE THAT THIS ROLE IS LOCATED IN CALGARY, AB. RELOCATION PACKAGES WILL BE AVAILABLE TO SUPPORT YOUR MOVE!
Interviews are taking place immediately, so please apply right away with your resume! (Cover letters not required)