U.S. Firm Eyes Abbotsford, BC, Canada for Aerospace Plant That Could Employ 10,000 Workers - Oops for Mirabel in Quebec
Unnamed American firm eyeing Abbotsford International Airport as potential site for massive facility
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
September 15, 2019 - by TYLER OLSEN for abbynews.com
- Abbotsford International Airport is located in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada, 2.2 nautical miles southwest of the city centre. It is the second largest airport in the Lower Mainland, after Vancouver International Airport, and is in close proximity to British Columbia Highway 1, and the US border.
Abbotsford is being considered as the potential home for an aerospace manufacturing plant that could employ more than 10,000 people.
The city's economic development team will tell a committee next week that an unnamed American company has eyed Abbotsford as a potential location for a "manufacturing plant."
The possible plant is described in a quarterly report by economic development staff for the upcoming Business, Innovation, Growth and Attraction committee meeting.
The report regularly lists companies that have expressed interest in moving to the Abbotsford area. Many of the leads do not pan out, but some have in the past.
The report says that the company in question is...
- Another Airbus A220 FAL "Again" For Mobile, Alabama? Three Total ... ›
- Council member: New aerospace supplier coming to Mobile ... ›
- CRJ To Disappear in 2020 - Mirabel & Belfast Jobs At Rick ... ›
- Longview Aviation Revenue Set To Take Off with Bombardier Q400 ... ›
- China Aerospace News - AVIS MA700 - FliegerFaust ›