Could Airbus’ A220/CSeries Fly Air Canada’s Montreal to Toulouse Route?
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
February 6, 2020 - by Bjorn Fehrm for leehamnews.com
Air Canada announced in August 2019 it will start a five weekly route between Montreal and Toulouse from the 4th of June.
It connects two growing, French-speaking cities with strong aeronautical clusters. The route will also connect Airbus headquarters and production in Toulouse with its new A220 aircraft development and production center in Mirabel outside Montreal.
Air Canada announced it will fly the route with its 292 seat Airbus A330-300 but the question has been raised "Could route be served with the smaller A220, then with an increased frequency"?
We use our airliner performance model to find out.
- Montreal to Toulouse is on the range limit for an A220, especially when flying the return route against winter winds.
- We look at different means to increase the range of the A220 to make the route possible without fueling stops when going West.
- Air Canada accused of forcing the passenger to sit on her own piss ... ›
- Video: Air Canada A220-300 First Flight Review - I'm Passenger ... ›
- More - Airbus A220 Air Canada Flight Simulator - FliegerFaust ›
- The Near Crash of Air Canada Flight AC759 - FliegerFaust ›
- First Air Canada Airbus A220 Delivery - FliegerFaust ›