Nearly Three-Dozen Injured as Air Canada Flight Hits Severe Turbulence
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
July 11, 2019 - by Zach Wichter for thepointsguy.com
Nearly three-dozen passengers were injured and an Air Canada flight was forced to divert to Honolulu after encountering severe turbulence over the Pacific.
Air Canada Flight AC33 was en route from Toronto to Sydney via Vancouver Thursday and was about two hours past the Hawaiian capital when the Boeing 777 hit "un-forecasted and sudden turbulence," according to Peter Fitzpatrick, an Air Canada spokesman.
He said there were 269 passengers and 15 crew members aboard the flight, and medical personnel were standing by in Honolulu when the plane landed. Around 35 passengers appear to have sustained minor injuries, according to the airline
- Boeing falsified records for 787 jet sold to Air Canada. It developed ... ›
- Air Canada views the A220 as a “Game Changer that will Create ... ›
- More - Airbus A220 Air Canada Flight Simulator - FliegerFaust ›
- Drone Delivery Canada Announces Commercial Agreement with Air ... ›
- Air Canada To Sell Drone Delivery - FliegerFaust ›