This Is the A-10 Warthog Movie the U.S. Air Force Didn’t Want You to See
A short film that the Air Force tried to suppress reveals why axing the A-10 is a bad idea...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 2, 2020 - by David Axe for nationalinterest.org
- A short film that the Air Force tried to suppress reveals why axing the A-10 is a bad idea.
The U.S. Air Force more than once has practically begged Congress to allow it to retire its roughly 280 A-10 Warthogs, those venerable twin-jet attackers that saved countless soldiers' lives in Iraq and Afghanistan—and which more recently returned to Iraq to help battle Islamic State.
Literally for decades—since well before the 1991 Iraq war—the U.S. Air Force has been trying to get rid of the A-10 Warthog close air support aircraft. The A-10's spectacular performance in four wars in Iraq—twice—plus Kosovo and Afghanistan has frustrated these efforts.
Continue reading below this video
Grunts in the Sky www.youtube.com
In those conflicts, the A-10 outperformed all other U.S. aircraft in killing tanks and other vehicles and supporting infantry engaged in combat-at both very short—"danger close"—and longer ranges.
The A-10 has also...
- The Air Force's New Weapon Is…Shipping Containers? - FliegerFaust ›
- Video: Syria Arab Air Force Mi-17 utility helicopter was shot-down ... ›
- Air Force won't accept any more Boeing tankers until manufacturing ... ›
- Elbit Systems of America Awarded a U.S. Air Force Contract to ... ›