Boeing Is Being Paid $84 Million Just For New Air Force One Jet Manuals
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 16, 2020 - by TYLER ROGOWAY for thedrive.com
- Nothing is cheap in aviation and especially when it comes to flying the President, but an F-35's worth of manuals is amazing to comprehend.
Everything aviation is expensive. It's just a fact. Everything military aviation is really expensive. That's also an unfortunate fact. Everything military aviation related to flying the President is absolutely absurdly expensive.
Another inconvenient fact. Yet it's hard to swallow the price tag on the contract Boeing was just awarded by the Air Force for manuals for two new VC-25B Air Force One jets it is currently converting from orphaned 747-8i airframes.
That price tag? A cool $84,000,000.
Yes. You read that correctly. $84,000,000 for modified manuals to an upgraded airframe, the basis of which is in commercial service around the globe.
We wouldn't be fair if we didn't...
- New Air Force One Jets To Have 1,200 Nautical Miles Less Range ... ›
- Trump Wants to Redesign Air Force One. Red, White and Blue, It ... ›
- Here's Our Analysis Of The Air Force's New B-21 Stealth Bomber ... ›
- Air Force Isn't Happy With Boeing's Plans To Fix The Boeing KC-46 ... ›