Air Force Wants New Ideas To Help Make It Easier For Female Fighter Pilots To Pee In Flight
The service says that women aviators are deliberately not hydrating to avoid having to go, which creates all sorts of serious risks.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
- The portion of the system that actually holds the urine, need to "handle volume, up to 3.9 liters, for a maximum of 16 hours" and be easy to dispose of at the end of a mission.
There are few truer sayings than "when you gotta go, you gotta go." When the time comes, though, finding a restroom can often be more difficult. Now imagine you're strapped into a tactical combat jet on an hours-long mission with limited options, most of them designed with men primarily in mind.
That's the reality many female pilots in the U.S. Air Force face on a regular basis and one that the service is looking to change.
On Aug. 4, 2020, the Air Force began accepting proposals for what it has dubbed the Sky High Relief Challenge. AFWERX, a technology incubator the service established in 2017 to help...
- Trump Wants to Redesign Air Force One. Red, White and Blue, It ... ›
- Germany Is Running Out Of Time To Save Its Air Force - Only About ... ›
- See Them All: Royal Canadian Air Force Aircraft in Operations ... ›
- Air Force One Has This Unique Navigator's Cockpit Station That's ... ›