Air Force One Has This Unique Navigator's Cockpit Station That's Unlike Any Other Boeing 747
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
December 2, 2019 - by TYLER ROGOWAY for thedrive.com
The two Boeing VC-25As that are often referred to generally as 'Air Force One'—which is really the callsign of any Air Force aircraft when the President is onboard—are incredibly capable and highly customized flying machines.
From featuring one of the most elaborate flying communications systems in the world to being covered with directed-energy turrets th#at blind incoming heat-seeking missiles, these aircraft have taken the 747-200 design they are based on to the absolute max.
And still, after decades of reporting, multiple books written and documentaries filmed, these flying symbols of America's might can still surprise.
Case in point, last night I was watching the National Geographic documentary Inside Air Force One, when something briefly shown in the aircraft's cockpit grabbed my attention...
- New Air Force One Livery Looks Extremely Familiar… - FliegerFaust ›
- The Boeing 747 Air Force One Is Now Up for Sale for $28 Million ... ›
- New Air Force One Jets To Have 1,200 Nautical Miles Less Range ... ›
- Trump Wants to Redesign Air Force One. Red, White and Blue, It ... ›
- The Boeing 747: The Plane That Shrank The World - FliegerFaust ›