Passenger Falls Asleep on Flight, Winds Up Stranded on the Tarmac
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 22, 2019 - by Gary Leff for boardingarea.com
A passenger on Air Canada's flight AC1799 from Quebec City to Toronto's Pearson airport fell asleep on Sunday, June 9th. She kept sleeping through touch down, gate arrival, and all the other customers getting off the plane.
She says that when she woke up, the plane had been towed away from the gate to be parked overnight. She was in a totally dark aircraft with no way off.
Her cell phone was out of battery and she couldn't call for help. She opened the aircraft's door but it was too treacherous a drop onto concrete to make it. Ultimately she flagged down a worker driving a baggage cart who went for help.
I was so overjoyed when I found a flashlight in the cockpit ...
- Air Canada views the A220 as a “Game Changer that will Create ... ›
- Drone Delivery Canada Announces Commercial Agreement with Air ... ›
- Air Canada plane, fuel tanker truck collide at Pearson - 5 people ... ›
- Air Canada leases two Airbus A330-200 from Qatar Airways ... ›
- Air Canada Announces Plans to Retire Embraer 190 Fleet ... ›