Insane: American Retrofitting Planes They’ll Need to Retrofit Again in a Year
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 10, 2019 - by Gary Leff for viewfromthewing.com
This story got buried by the grounding of the 737 MAX...
American Airlines is in the midst of "Project Oasis" to take the bulk of its domestic fleet – Boeing 737-800s and now Airbus A321s – and give them an interior similar to what they introduced on the Boeing 737 MAX.
- Boeing 737-800s, which had 150 seats before the US Airways merger, are going from 160 seats post-merger up to 172 seats.
- They squeeze in these extra seats by reducing the amount of space each passenger gets, squeezing seats closer together. That's true across coach, Main Cabin Extra, and first class.
- Since the seats are closer together they're using rock hard "slimline seats" with less padding since less padding takes up less space. They're also shrinking the size of lavatories, and they eliminated the bulkhead wall between first class and coach.
- These seats get no seat back video screens, the planes will all be watch content on your own device. Old US Airways planes at least get seat power in the process....
- First Air Canada Airbus A220 On The Assembly Line in Mirabel ... ›
- More Boeing 737 MAX Victims: Norwegian Air Suspends Flights ... ›
- 'A slap in the face': Little-known rule says airline can keep your ... ›