Larger version of the Airbus A220 - “not a question of if, but when”, Airbus
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
December 18, 2019 - by Laurence Frost and Tim Hepher; editing by Louise Heavens and Emelia Sithole-Matarise for reuters.com
Chief Commercial Officer Christian Scherer, who stepped up from the ATR turboprop affiliate to take the top Airbus sales job just over a year ago, hinted that Airbus would top 1,000 gross orders this year, up at least 20% from 2018.
Airbus suffered a setback earlier this year when it was forced to announce plans to close production of its A380 superjumbo, the world's largest airliner, due to weak sales.
But the launch of the smaller A321XLR and a surge in sales of the A220, an even smaller jet recently acquired by Airbus from Canada's Bombardier (BBDb.TO), underpinned demand.
Air France (AIRF.PA) said on Wednesday it had finalised an order for 60 of the 130-seat A220 planes.
Scherer also denied that Airbus stood to benefit from rival Boeing's decision to suspend production of its grounded 737 MAX jet after two deadly crashes, emphasising that the disruption would hurt the sector at large.
- “if Airbus chooses to produce a stretched CSeries jet — a potential ... ›
- Airbus Open to Developing Larger Version of A220 (A220-500 ... ›
- Will Airbus Expand The A220 Family? - FliegerFaust ›
- Airbus A220 Pre-Final Assembly Line Production Update - Delivery ... ›
- Delta Airbus A220 Corrosion Before Delivery - FliegerFaust ›