Transport Canada to issue an airworthiness directive for Airbus A220 operators
May 15, 2019 - by airlinerwatch.com
According to an Airbus A220 airworthiness directive issued by Transport Canada on May 13, the fuel flowing to engines could be blocked due to fuel tubes eroded by a clamp.
The directive says that operators have reported damages on multiple aircraft caused by bonding clamps that are touching the tubes.
"In one incident, the wear damage ultimately led to a hole in the main engine feed tube located in the collector tank, resulting in fuel imbalance during flight," Transport Canada said.
- A220/CSeries SWISS Engine Shut Down in Flight on September 8 ... ›
- CSeries New 25000 lbs of Thrust Engine! - FliegerFaust ›
- A220 Engine - Pratt & Whitney's PW1500G geared turbofan has ... ›
- A220 - Airbus Scrapping Three (3) Already Built Aircraft - Production ... ›
- Airbus Investing - Increasing A220 Production - Thank You Airbus ... ›