Spirit and Air France Order Airbus A220 at Paris Air Show 2019?
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
00:01 (04:01 UTC) - June 14, 2019 - by Sylvain Faust for Fliegerfaust.com
I'm hearing Airbus might be revealing some A220 orders during the Paris Air Show this month.
Spirit Airlines and Air France
Spirit: Potential order of one hundred (100) A220 aircraft by Spirit Airlines of the US.
Air France: Rumours for a potential order of twenty (20) A220 aircraft plus options for twenty (20) more by Air France, subsidiary of the Air France KLM Group.
If there are going to be over one hundred (100) A220 aircraft ordered during the Paris Air Show, 61% of the people who answered the survey on Fliegerfaust facebook page would have selected the correct answer. See here: Survey - A220 orders during the Paris Air Show 2019
That would occupy the girls and boys at Mirabel, Quebec and Mobile, Alabama A220 assembly lines as well at the Bombardier Belfast A220 wing maker (soon sold to a new owner/operator) plus all other suppliers' worldwide, including Montreal A220 cockpit and bulkhead maker at Bombardier.
The Mobile, Alabama A220 FAL (final assembly line) workers (currently under construction) will be busy for a while. Remember, Delta is to be taking delivery of first A220 to be assembled in Mobile. This will be an Airbus A220-300 as announced on Fliegerfaust on December 4, 2018, a month before Airbus and Delta made it official.
The logistic is till the issue at Mirabel with Airbus taking over gradually the total management over the operations at Mirabel A220 FAL. Airbus wants (and needs) to increase the production rate quickly to accept new orders requiring not so distant A220 deliveries.
Finally, SWISS will be taking delivery of MSN (manufacturer serial number) 50018, one A220-100 (formerly CSeries CS100). This aircraft has been put aside the final completion stage "years" ago. It "should be" delivered before the end of the 2nd quarter, i.e. before the end of June. That particular aircraft was built in 2016 and has been in storage until recently with also another A220-100 to be delivered also to SWISS, MSN 50019, made just after, still in 2016. Upgrading MSN 50018 back to the current assembly standards was not easy ($$) I'm told. Let's see how it goes for MSN 50019.
Talking about the end of 2nd quarter 2019, here is the list of A220 to be delivered by June 30.
There are all A220-100, five (5) of them, four (4) to Delta and one (1) for SWISS.
- MSN 50034 having its customer acceptance test flight this Friday.
- MSN 50035 also having its customer acceptance test flight but Monday.
- MSN 50036. Look for its first flight (pre-delivery test flight) for Friday, weather permitting.
- MSN 50018. Same as for MSN 50036. The customer acceptance flight by SWISS be tricky on this one if you ask me.
- MSN 50037 would be the last one to be delivered in June, expecting its first pre-delivery test flight next week.
- MSN 55056 is complete but since Red Wings Airlines of Russia is no longer taking its A220 this currently sits as a "white tail aircraft" at Mirabel Airport (YMX/CYMX) Airbus A220 facilities. This was announced on March 21, 2019.
So you know, if you did read my previous updates, all A220 (and CSeries) MSN starting with 50 are A220-100 (CS100) and MSN starting with 55 are A220-300 (CS300), each with their own sequence number. i.e. MSN 50037 is the 37th made A220-100, for example.
Sylvain Faust, Fliegerfaust
PS: You want to be the first to know next time? Do each of the following and you might!
Painless and quick to do!
- 1- Enter your email : Subscribe to the Free Fliegerfaust Newsletter. Do it now!
- 2- Like/Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page
Original Fliegerfaust.com content is Copyright Fliegerfaust.com 2019