SAS Demands Better Reliability Before Deciding on Airbus A220 or Embraer E2
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
February 27, 2020 - by Richard Schuurman for airinsight.com
SAS currently is not in a position to make a decision on the renewal of its short- to medium-haul. The Scandinavian airline still has question marks over the reliability of the Airbus A220 and Embraer E190-E2 it is looking at, CEO Rickard Gustafson said at the Q1 investor's call on February 26
At the same time, SAS needs to make a decision on how to equip this platform.
As Gustafson says: "As it comes to aircraft availability, it is more tricky. Not just the availability of the aircraft but also the reliability.
Those technologies that are available – the Airbus A220 and the Embraer-option – both still have engine issues to solve before we feel they can operate with the robustness we anticipate and expect."...
- New Air Show in Mirabel, Quebec, Canada in September 2020 ... ›
- Exclusive: Airbus Working On More Than One New A220 Models ... ›
- OOPS: Delta's Airbus A220 Runs Late In Double Digits All Day ... ›
- Will Boeing help the Embraer E2 sales? - FliegerFaust ›
- Air Tahiti studies Airbus A220-100, Embraer E195-E2 for ... ›
- Corrosion cuts life limit of Airbus A220 and Embraer/Boeing E2 ... ›
- FAA: Corrosion in Airbus A220 and Embraer E2 Pratt & Whitney ... ›