A380s grounded as airlines scramble to slash costs
Airlines ground the huge Airbus plane that can carry up to 600 passengers amid the Covid-19 crisis, raising doubts about its future
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
March 16, 2020 - by Alan Tovey for telegraph.co.uk
Airlines ground the huge Airbus plane that can carry up to 600 passengers amid the Covid-19 crisis, raising doubts about its future.
Coronavirus could speed the demise Airbus's A380 "superjumbo" with airlines singling out the giant jets as they slash capacity in reaction to the pandemic.
With demand for flights plummeting following the Covid-19 outbreak, the hard-to-fill double-decker jets that can accommodate 600-plus passengers have been first to be grounded.
Emirates, the biggest customer for the aircraft, is reported to be seeking to slow down deliveries of A380s in the face of the crisis.
The Dubai-based airline has 115 A380s, which have a...
- Video: Airbus A380 Emirates set a world record with 545 ... ›
- Emirates Launches SHORTEST Airbus A380 Flight - FliegerFaust ›
- Video: 4K 360° COCKPIT CAM: Airbus A380 Takeoff, Lufthansa from ... ›
- Video - AIRBUS A380 LANDING and DEPARTURE - The TURTLE ... ›
- A380 Emirates plane in 'Near Miss' mid-air Collision with Airbus A330 ›
- Breaking: Lufthansa To Ground Entire Airbus A380 Fleet - FliegerFaust ›