Airbus Offers Cargo Conversion For A330 And A350; Is A380 Next?
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 2, 2020 - by Michael Goldstein for forbes.com
Airbus just announced a new cargo conversion solution for its A330 and A350 wide-body airliners. Will similar kits be available for A380 considering its enormous capacity? Intriguingly, a spokesman said, "If there is a market, Airbus can propose a solution for any aircraft."
Why the rush to convert passenger aircraft to cargo configuration? It's no secret that around the world, commercial passenger traffic is down as much as 90% due to the coronavirus. One estimate is that as more than 10,000 jet liners have been parked by airlines awaiting an upturn in traffic.
If there's any good news for airlines, it's that air cargo demand, and pricing, has soared during the COVID-19 pandemic. According to an ANA Cargo spokesperson, freight rates per kilogram have risen some...
- Video: Did A Drone Illegally Film This Airbus A380 Jet? Real/Fake ... ›
- Video: Airbus A380 Emirates set a world record with 545 ... ›
- 10 Fun Facts About the Airbus A380 - FliegerFaust ›
- Video: 4K 360° COCKPIT CAM: Airbus A380 Takeoff, Lufthansa from ... ›
- Massive Airbus A380 Makes Dramatic Airport Landing During ... ›