CEO: AirBaltic A220-300 Delivers Higher-Than-Expected Fuel Savings
Since December 2016, airBaltic had to perform 50 Pratt & Whitney PW1500G engine changes on its A220 / CSeries
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 12, 2018 - by Kurt Hofmann for ATWOnline
AirBaltic CEO Martin Gauss told ATW the Airbus A220-300 (former Bombardier CSeriesCS300) has so far delivered higher-than-expected fuel savings. In addition, the launch operator has overcome many technical issues with the aircraft.
The Latvian national carrier, which started scheduled services with the type in December 2016, has operated enough flights to see what the aircraft can do.
"We can confirm the fuel burn savings is higher than expected—a positive surprise," Gauss said. He explained that at current fuel prices of $800 per ton, a 22% fuel savings on each flight sector is a significant amount of money.
The main technical issue for airBaltic has been an engine upgrade program, which is now under control. However, since December 2016, airBaltic had to perform 50 Pratt & Whitney PW1500G engine changes on its A220 fleet related to the upgrade program, which is supported by P&W, COO Martin Sedlacky told ATW.
Gauss expects that in 2019 Airbus will be able to...
- May 29 2014 - Bombardier CSeries Engine Exploded - FliegerFaust ›
- A220/CSeries SWISS Engine Shut Down in Flight on September 8 ... ›
- Korean Air Asked for Two Spare Engine - CSeries - FliegerFaust ›
- Video -Captain Marina starring Air Baltic Q400 - Pre-Flight Checks ... ›
- The Pope To Fly On a A220/CSeries with airBaltic // Le Pape Volera ... ›
- airBaltic A220 / CSeries Strikes Birds - FliegerFaust ›