End of an era: Two Ex-Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 to be dismantled
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
January 4, 2019 - by AirlinerWatch
Tarbes - The demolition of the first Airbus A380s has started in the last days of 2018 in French Pyrenees. The superjumbos are disassembled in Tarbes so that their parts can be resold.
Two Airbus A380 that flew for Singapore Airlines for ten years are being dismantled at Tarbes, Lourdes, a regional airport in the south of France for storing and dismantling large airliners from around the world.
The future of Airbus's A380 program seems quite uncertain. Airbus decided to decrease the production of the aircraft due to lack of demand. Currently, no company is interested in ordering it except world's biggest A380 operator Dubai-based Emirates Airlines.
- Second Airbus A380 for ANA is in the sky ! Now on it's way to XFW ... ›
- A380 Emirates plane in 'Near Miss' mid-air Collision with Airbus A330 ›
- If Air France No Longer Wants The Airbus A380, Will Anyone ... ›
- With The First A380 On The Scrapheap After Just 11 Years Airbus ... ›
- The Last Airbus A380... - FliegerFaust ›