What It Will Be Like Flying On Airbus’ Blended Wing MAVERIC Aircraft
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
February 11, 2020 - by Marisa Garcia for forbes.com
The age of the flying cylinder may be coming to an end.
Airbus has unveiled its blended wing MAVERIC (Model Aircraft for Validation and Experimentation of Robust Innovative Controls) at the Singapore Air Show, which joins TUDelft and KLM's Flying-V concept in proposing a wider cabin for the future of flight.
The greatest advantage of both proposals is to reduce the carbon footprint of airline operations—through greater fuel economy and higher passenger capacity. The MAVERIC, Airbus states, would burn up to 20% less fuel than a modern single aisle cylinder and wing plane.
"Airbus is leveraging emerging technologies to pioneer the future of flight. By testing disruptive aircraft configurations, Airbus is able to evaluate their potential as viable future products," said Jean-Brice Dumont, EVP Engineering Airbus.
"Although there is no...
- New Air Show in Mirabel, Quebec, Canada in September 2020 ... ›
- Nouveau Spectacle Aérien à Mirabel en Septembre 2020 - Volaria ... ›
- Exclusive: Airbus Working On More Than One New A220 Models ... ›
- SCOOP: Bombardier NOT Selling Its Business Jet Division... But ... ›
- Airbus Called The A220 "An Amazing Piece of Technology ... ›
- Giant Command for Air France Buying 60 Airbus A220 Aircraft + ... ›