Airbus: ‘Hard’ To Invest In Mobile, Alabama During Trade War
This could mean that more Final Assembly Lines (FAL) Centers are on the way to Mobile!"
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
September 16, 2019 - by David Preston for bamapolitics.com
- Airbus aircraft and are in the process of increasing the global monthly production rate...
On Thursday, September 12, 2019, Canadian aviation news and information site FliegetFaust.com reported that government officials from Mobile and Baldwin County toured the Airbus A220 manufacturing facility at Mirabel, Canada.
Mobile City Councilman C.J. Small wrote in his district email newsletter, "All of (Airbus') FAL Centers are at capacity which is why Airbus is looking to Mobile to allow increased plane production. This could mean that more FAL Centers are on the way to Mobile!"
The FliegetFaust article also reported that the visit by officials from Southwest Alabama to Canada, combined with the fact that production lines are at capacity, could indicate that Airbus is considering adding a third final assembly line at their Mobile facility.
When reached for comment about Airbus expanding their Mobile facility they responded with the following:
"Airbus has had tremendous success building planes in Mobile, which is evidenced by our decision last year to build the A220 US assembly line there as well.
We have a backorder of over 6,200 A320/A220 Airbus aircraft and are in the process of increasing the global monthly production rate for these planes...
- Another Airbus A220 FAL "Again" For Mobile, Alabama? Three Total ... ›
- Airbus Eurofighter Typhoon to be upgraded to fight on into the 2040s ... ›
- Canada changes fighter jet rules to allow F-35 bid - FliegerFaust ›
- BRAVO CANADA? NOT!!! - Airbus Pulls OUT Of Canada's Fighter ... ›
- Egypt Requests Airbus To Establish Factory In Egypt - FliegerFaust ›