The Boy Who Survived a Plane Crash in Alaska...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 4, 2019 - by By Darren McKenzie and Patrick Kiteley for bbc.com
- Willy Phillips Jr was 13 years old when he survived a plane crash that killed his father in 2010. Almost nine years on, he explains how he is still coming to terms with how he survived.
The weather in Alaska on 9 August 2010 was awful - raining and foggy. The group had planned a fishing trip, travelling by plane, but Willy says "the likelihood of us getting out was not very high".
Willy was in Alaska with his father William "Bill" Phillips, and former US senator, Ted Stevens. Bill had previously worked for Senator Stevens, who had represented Alaska for more than 40 years, and was known by many in the state as "Uncle Ted".
"After an hour or so we finally got the heads up that we would be able to make it out," Willy remembers, "so that was pretty exciting. So everybody is running around and getting their things together".
They would use a de Havilland Canada DHC-3 Otter, an amphibious float-plane. Willy had been on it before and knew how it worked. But this time for some reason he didn't put his seatbelt on.
"I was sitting on the window seat and I was dozing in and out of the reality around me.
"One of the last things I remember before the accident was that there was a bunch of rain on the window, and I remember sitting there and there was a big drop of water that was snaking its way down the window. Right as it got to the bottom - that's when I fell asleep."...
Read it all https://www.bbc.com/news/world-47537221
- A380 Emirates plane in 'Near Miss' mid-air Collision with Airbus A330 ›
- Air Canada plane was 'a few feet' from 'worst crash in aviation history,' ›
- antonov crash - FliegerFaust ›
- PIA Airbus A320 Crash In Karachi Likely Caused By Pilot Error... - FliegerFaust ›
- 2 Killed In Plane Crash Near Telluride ID'd As Newlyweds From Florida - Airline Worker & Flight Instructor - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing ‘Inappropriately Coached’ FAA Test Pilots During 737 MAX Review - Senate Investigators Say - FliegerFaust ›
- CANADA: Seaplane Discovered Almost 100 Years After Sinking In A Lake in Province Of Quebec - FliegerFaust ›
- Haunting Last Words Of Pilots Before Disastrous Air Crashes... - FliegerFaust ›