easyJet Airbus A320neo Diverts To Frankfurt Flying On One Engine
Aircraft G-UZHE - Flight EZY1944 - The aircraft utilizes two CFM LEAP-1A26 engines
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 5, 2019 - by Chris Loh for simpleflying.com
On August 2, an easyJet Airbus A320-200neo was performing flight U2-1944 from Dalaman in Turkey to Manchester UK when it made a diversion to Frankfurt.
This was due to sensors indicating an issue with the engine. With the engine shut down, the aircraft landed safely in Frankfurt 40 minutes after the alarm.
In the aftermath of the flight cancellation, Twitter user Nina Whelan gives us some insight into what happened after landing at Frankfurt. Unfortunately, it seems like the 200 passengers aboard were then 'abandoned' in the airport:
@MENnewsdesk Here's a story for you. EasyJet flight from Dalaman to Manchester diverted to Frankfurt with engine failure. 4.5 hrs after landing no baggage, no EasyJet rep (hiding according to airport staff). No flight until tomorrow - 200 passengers abandoned in airport @easyJet
— Nina Whelan (@WhelanNina) August 2, 2019
- Today: Southwest Boeing 737 Max Makes Emergency Landing After ... ›
- One More - One SWISS A220 Did a Single Engine Landing in Paris ... ›
- Video: Pilot seriously hurt in emergency landing of vintage Corsair ... ›
- Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Initially Followed Boeing's Required ... ›
- An Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT) is an emergency beacon ... ›