KLM Flying-V To Fly in November
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 10, 2019 - by RICHARD SCHUURMAN for airinsight.com
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines generated a lot of attention on social media when it unveiled the futuristic Flying-V airliner concept last June at the IATA Annual General Meeting in Seoul.
It repeated this feat last week when it had a flyable scale model demonstrator airplane and cabin mock-up on show at its 100th birthday party at Hangar 10 at Schiphol Oost in Amsterdam.
"KLM will not be building the aircraft, but we are fully behind this initiative", CEO Pieter Elbers said.
The airline supports (also financially, with a budget it is unwilling to disclose) a study concept by the Technical University of Delft in The Netherlands, one of the best aerospace universities in the world.
The Flying-V has been partly tested inside a wind tunnel, but Brown is eager to see how the shape performs in real flight and if it is stable enough to fly passengers. The team of engineers is...
- Delta Airbus A220 Corrosion Before Delivery - FliegerFaust ›
- Activity on the Global 8500 is Picking Up: "We are really seeing a lot ... ›
- Bombardier's Industry Flagship Global 7500 Jet Flies Farther Again ... ›
- Passengers on a recent Boeing 737 flight from Johannesburg ... ›
- China Aerospace News - AVIS MA700 - FliegerFaust ›