United States and Canada Are About To Announce The Shutdown Of Their Airspace
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
12:40 - (16:40 UTC) - April 6, 2020 - by Sylvain Faust for fliegerfaust.com
According to multiple reliable sources the governments of both the United States and Canada are about to announce the shutdown of their airspace to everything but private cargo, government, law enforcement and military aircraft. The decision should be made public in the next few days.
As for cargo flights, only real "cargo" airplane will be allowed to fly, --no passenger aircraft quickly modified to carry cargo. It seems that to disinfect a cargo aircraft is much less tedious than an airliner with carpets, and plenty of difficult to reach areas.
Obviously, as you can assume, carriers such as Air Canada, American Airlines, United, Delta and a number of regional transporters should all see their operations come to a complete halt.
Sources add no definite ending date has been selected yet.
This makes sense when everyone has to be confined at home and not travel, why then should we be able to travel by airplane, when not allowed by car?
Maybe the recent move by the US government to interdict shipment of N95 masks to Canada by 3M will incite the Trudeau government to exclude all US firms from the bidding process for the replacement of CF-18 fighter jets... This would leave SAAB alone with their Gripen in the contest. Maybe Airbus Eurofighter would then consider a comeback in the contest, offering again a tantalizing "made in Canada" edition of their Typhoon as offered by Airbus?
Stay tuned to Fliegerfaust for more if this happens…
By Sylvain Faust for Fliegerfaust.com
PS: You would like to be first to know next time?
it's easy and painless - Do each of the following:
- 1- Subscribe to the Free Newsletter. Do it now, it is really FREE!
- 2- Like Fliegerfaust Facebook page!
- 3- Follow Fliegerfaust on Instagram!
- 4- Follow TheFliegerfaust twitter account!
- 5- Click and Visit some of our advertisers, this help keep Fliegerfaust free. They have some interesting stuff for you.
Thank you for your help and keep reading and sharing Fliegerfaust with others!
Original Fliegerfaust.com content is Copyright Fliegerfaust.com 2020
- Why Two EgyptAir A220 Painted All-White? - 100th A220 Delivery ... ›
- Exclusive: Airbus Working On More Than One New A220 Models ... ›
- Boeing Plans To Deliver To Canada New F/A-18E/F With First Block III - FliegerFaust ›