Canada Jetlines Delays Launch, Cites Swoop Pricing
Canada's Competition Bureau is now looking into this...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
November 4, 2019 - by canadianaviator.com
Canada Jetlines will delay its launch while federal regulators decide if one of its main competitors is using predatory pricing to stop the airline from gaining a foothold in the market.
Canada Jetlines announced last week that it would not make its Dec. 17 launch date because jittery investors were worried that WestJet subsidiary Swoop was going to try to quash the airline before it could get started.
Canada's Competition Bureau is now looking into whether Swoop is intentionally losing money on some routes to price Jetlines out of the market.
In a statement, the company said two major investors pulled out because they believe WestJet will "react very aggressively once the company starts operations, and in fact have already done so in anticipation of Jetlines entry into the market."
The loss of the investors...
- SPACEFORCE! : He Knows Something... UFO? Aliens? President ›
- Former US defense official: We know UFOs are real - here's why ... ›
- UFO researcher Stanton Friedman dies at Toronto-Pearson airport ... ›
- Video: UFO Buzzes Japan Airline Crew - CIA Told FAA To Shut Up ... ›
- President Trump Just Signed a Law That Radically Changes Life for ... ›
- Bad News, Travelers: Airline Fatalities are Up 900 Percent This Year ... ›