Canadian Airlines Getting Sued for Not Refunding Coronavirus Cancellations
A proposed class-action lawsuit against Air Canada, WestJet, Air Transat, Sunwing, and Swoop is for people owed a refund for a flight cancelled by the COVID-19 outbreak
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
March 30, 2020 - by Anne Gaviola for vice.com
Air Canada, WestJet, and other Canadian airlines are facing a potential class-action lawsuit for not offering refunds to the thousands of people who are owed money for flights that were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Friday, Mission, B.C. resident Janet Donaldson filed the suit in federal court on behalf of travellers whose contracts state that they are entitled to refunds by Air Canada, WestJet, Air Transat, Sunwing, and Swoop. Donaldson's WestJet flight from Vancouver to New York in April was cancelled after the federal government banned non-essential travel.
According to court documents, the suit...
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Laid Off Only 21% Of Workforce - With Full ... ›
- Cessna's SkyCourier Makes Initial Ground Runs - Features two Pratt ... ›
- A Good News: Airlines Use Empty Passenger Jets to Ease the ... ›
- Only one Canadian airline makes world's top 10 list - FliegerFaust ›
- Cash Burn Slowing To About US$40 Per Day By The End of June - Delta Airlines - FliegerFaust ›