6 Things to Love About Delta’s New Airbus A220 Planes
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
July 22, 2019 - by KYLE POTTER for thriftytraveler.com
New airplanes get a lot of hype among travel industry insiders and frequent flyers, but the average traveler often won't notice the difference.
For many, the Delta Airbus A220 will be a notable exception – at least it was for me. After a recent trip that took me on a handful of older, more crowded planes on other airlines followed by a shiny new Airbus A220 with Delta, I'm sold.
Delta introduced these planes in February, quickly adding them on more routes with plans to make them a mainstay for domestic flights. There may be no better plane on which to hitch a ride within the U.S.
A Passenger-Friendly Arrangement
We live in an era of more seats in less space. And that's what makes the Airbus A220 stand out.
Along with the other international airlines with this new plane in their fleets, Delta put five seats in each row of the economy cabin: three seats on one side of the aisle, and just two seats on the other.
Maybe it's impossible to squeeze that sixth seat on the A220 – though we wouldn't be surprised to see a penny-pinching airline try it eventually. But either way, it's a win for passengers. It means more space at each seat – more on that later.
And critically, it means there's less of a chance of getting a dreaded middle seat when you're flying basic economy and can't pick your spot on the plane. Overall, the five-across arrangement makes the plane feel more airy and comfortable.
Fewer seats on the plane = bigger seats for everyone. And...
- King of Regional Flying: A Review of Delta's Airbus A220-100 in ... ›
- Delta New A220/CSeries: See How the New In Flight Entertainment ... ›
- *Delivery Flight!!!* Delta's FIRST Airbus A220-100 (CS100 ... ›
- Things You Don't Know About The First Delta A220 / CSeries ... ›
- Exclusive: Airbus Working On More Than One New A220 Models - FliegerFaust ›
- First Air Austral A220/CSeries Emerges In Mirabel, Quebec, Canada Airbus Factory - FliegerFaust ›