AirAsia cuts Airbus A330neo order plans, shifts to A321XLR - TOUGH NEGOTIATIONS
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 30, 2019
The downsized order for A330neos - offset by an investment in the A321XLR - follows more than a year of tough negotiations.
In July 2018, Fernandes had tweeted that conditions for a new order included price, performance, engines and advance payments, before adding "or else" in a remark designed to draw in rival Boeing (BA.N)..
The long-haul arm of Asia's largest budget airline group, AirAsia X Bhd (AIRX.KL), had left its fleet expansion in suspense since initially unveiling plans to order 34 more of the 250-300-seat A330neo jets, on top of 66 already on order.
The deal was later thrown into doubt as AirAsia reviewed its needs and on Friday the group said it was confirming 12 of the 34 extra A330neo planes while adopting 30 of the smaller, long-range A321XLRs.
The move came days after...
- Bad News, Travelers: Airline Fatalities are Up 900 Percent This Year ... ›
- New U.S. Budget Carrier Moxy Confirms the Order for 60 Airbus ... ›
- Disney is launching its own airline – with cabin crew in costume ... ›
- Airline Automation Triggers Intensified Debate Over Safety ... ›
- Air Greenland Places Christmas Order For Airbus A330neo - FliegerFaust ›