Etihad and Air Arabia Aim to Copy Emirates/flydubai-Success...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 16, 2019 - by RICHARD SCHUURMAN for airinsight.com
Etihad Airways Group and Air Arabia Group are to establish a new joint venture Air Arabia Abu Dhabi that will act as a feeder to Etihad, the two airline groups announced on October 16.
With the JV both airlines want to duplicate the success of the Emirates/flydubai partnership that has been around since 2017.
Etihad and low-cost Air Arabia haven't disclosed financial details about their agreement, but it is Etihad's first regional investment after taking a share in various airlines in Europe and India.
The collapse of airberlin and Alitalia caused a major rethink in Etihad's strategy, resulting in the departure of CEO John Hogan and the arrival of Tony Douglas. Under his leadership, Etihad witnessed the demise of India's Jet Airways.
Air Arabia Abu Dhabi is aiming to capture its fair share of the United Arab Emirates' growing tourism, worth some 13.3 percent of the GDP.
While many travelers use...
- VIDEO: Flight Attendant Has Been Attacked By a Deranged ... ›
- Humorous WestJet Flight Attendant (Absolutely Funny) - YouTube ›
- Bad News, Travelers: Airline Fatalities are Up 900 Percent This Year ... ›
- 'Moxy' airline to launch with used Azul aircraft Embraer E195s ... ›
- Furious Ryanair CEO Michael O'Leary's airline freezes 737 MAX 8 ... ›