Analysis: Impact of new transatlantic JV between Delta – Air France KLM – Virgin Atlantic
The creation of this new transatlantic joint venture is a significant market move
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 12, 2019 - by Oliver for pointstobemade.boardingarea.com
- The creation of this new transatlantic joint venture is a significant market move
On 2nd of August, the US Department of Transportation (DOT) gave tentative approval for a new joint venture between 4 airlines and it seems that Alitalia was not included in the equation!
Ticket prices may go up, due to the fewer number of legal entities competing against each other, however healthy competition between each joint venture is still obviously welcome. The regulators have obviously felt there would be enough competition to ensure stability in the transatlantic flight market.
However, it's not all doom and gloom. Frequent flyers will soon be able to redeem Flying Blue miles with Virgin Atlantic and vice versa. This is a major benefit for those who finally want to use their Flying Club miles on short-haul European flights or to redeem in transatlantic first class on approximately 10 daily flights with Air France's La Première cabin...
- Accident at Fiumicino: pieces of plane fall on roofs and cars, "a man ... ›
- Alaska Airlines Keeps Q400 Turboprops as Focus Shifts to Pacific ... ›
- United Airlines May Acquire Avianca - FliegerFaust ›
- Southwest eyes Airbus A220 amid Boeing 737 MAX aftermath ... ›