American Airlines Tells Boeing: No Financing, No 737 MAX Deliveries
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
July 11, 2020 - by Phil Lebeau for cnbc.com
- American Airlines told Boeing it will not take delivery of 17 Boeing 737 MAX airplanes unless the carrier can secure financing to pay for the aircraft, people familiar with the discussions told CNBC.
- The situation means Boeing Capital, which is Boeing's financing division, will have to find a way to arrange financing for those planes.
- Boeing Capital could buy the planes and lease them to American, or third-party aircraft leasing companies could finance the planes in question.
American Airlines executives have told Boeing they will not take delivery of 17 737 Max airplanes unless the carrier can secure financing to pay for the aircraft, people familiar with the discussions told CNBC.
The 17 Max planes are already built, but will not be delivered until...
- Boeing 737MAX Lavatory - "You Can't Get In Them" says Flight ... ›
- American Airlines CEO Doug Parker Boeing MAX Compensation ... ›
- AMERICAN AIRLINES PUTS LIPSTICK ON A PIG, 737 MAX STYLE ... ›
- American Airlines To Lay Off 19,000 Workers - FliegerFaust ›