American Airlines To Lay Off 19,000 Workers
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 26, 2020 - by Ben Mutzabaugh for thepointsguy.com
American Airlines will layoff 19,000 workers in October as federal payroll aid expires.
American announced the move Tuesday in a memo to employees from CEO Doug Parker and president Robert Isom.
The move will affect about 17,500 frontline workers and another 1,500 — previously announced — from the company's management.
"We have come to you many times throughout the pandemic, often with sobering updates on a world none of us could have imagined," Parker and Isom said in the memo. "Today is the hardest message we have had to share so far – the announcement of involuntary staffing reductions effective Oct. 1."
American had already warned last month that it could be forced to lay off up to 25,000 workers if Congress did not extent the payroll protection aid program that currently helps U.S. carriers covers workers' salaries....
- American Airlines Tells Boeing: No Financing, No 737 MAX Deliveries ›
- American Airlines and United Airlines Says NO To The Airbus A220 ... ›
- American Airlines Keeps Canceling Flights and Its CEO Is Taking ... ›
- How COVID-19 Broke the Airline Pricing Model - Watch And Listen To This... - FliegerFaust ›
- United Airlines Announces Biggest Pilot Job Cut In Its History - Over 20% - FliegerFaust ›
- Here Is Why Airlines Are Getting Ready for Huge Job Cuts... - FliegerFaust ›
- American Airlines Will Put Fewer Flight Attendants On Some Of Its Bigger Jets - FliegerFaust ›