Russian Fighter Jet Crashes Near Crimea, Pilot Missing
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
March 26, 2020 - by www.themoscowtimes.com
A Russian Su-27 fighter jet crashed off the coast of annexed Crimea late Wednesday, prompting a search-and-rescue mission in the Black Sea, news agencies cited the military as saying.
The Su-27 was carrying out a planned mission when it vanished from radars at around 8 p.m. 50 kilometers from the Crimean town of Feodosia, according to Interfax. The Defense Ministry said it received an emergency radio beacon alert near the crash site.
"There's hope that there's a rubber boat with the pilot," Russia's Federal Sea and River Transportation Agency told the state-run RIA Novosti news agency Thursday.
At least six vessels and two...
- The Nuts And Bolts Of Air Disasters... - FliegerFaust ›
- Video: Fuel truck hits two parked Bombardier CRJ900 jets at Dallas ... ›
- Coast Guard: Search for Survivors After Reported Plane Crash Near ... ›
- FAA Launches Probe After In-Flight Incident Reveals 12-Inch Crack ... ›
- JACDEC – Your Center for Aviation Safety Information ›
- Airbus A350 Engine Shutdown Incidents Linked To Cockpit Drink ... ›