Canadian Sikorsky Cyclone Helicopter Crash Caused By 'Conflict' Between Pilot and Flight Director: DND
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
Senior military officials have revealed there was a "conflict" or "competition" between a Cyclone helicopter (CH-148) and its pilot moments before the aircraft known as Stalker 22 plunged into the water off the coast of Greece in April.
The revelation came Tuesday as the Royal Canadian Air Force announced it was lifting an "operational pause" imposed on the rest of the military's Cyclone fleet after the crash, even though the reasons for that conflict remain under investigation.
The problem occurred as the helicopter was coming around to land on Fredericton, officials said.
The pilot attempted to make a number of manoeuvres while the Cyclone's "flight director," or auto-pilot, was still engaged...
- Video: 4 Injured When C-130 Overruns Runway in Iraq - From a ... ›
- Boeing capsule returns to Earth after aborted space mission ... ›
- Video: Kobe Bryant Sikorsky S-76B Helicopter Down 26 Jan 2020 ... ›
- Flight Control Software Glitch Haunted Cyclone Helicopter During ... ›
- One Dead as Canadian Military Helicopter Goes Missing Off Coast ... ›
- Canadian Armed Forces Replaces Two 30-year-old Bombardier ... ›
- The Navy acknowledges UFO — so why aren't they on Washington's ... ›