Airbus A220 Crew Missed Low-Thrust Indications During Laboured Take-Off...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
March 18, 2020 - by David Kaminski-Morrow for flightglobal.com
Investigators probing a Swiss Airbus A220 low-thrust incident during departure at Porto found that the pilots only belatedly realised that the autothrottle had not engaged before the take-off roll.
Swiss investigation authority SUST found the A220-300, bound for Geneva, had conducted a de-rated rolling take-off from intersection C of runway 35, with its autothrottle armed.
But when the captain advanced the thrust levers, he only pushed them to a lever angle of 20.6°, less than the 23° required to engage the autothrottle.
The pilots were distracted by an unexpected discontinuity in the flightplan after entering the standard departure route into the flight-management system, and the captain asked the first officer to...
- THAI AIRWAYS AIRBUS A330 CHOPS TAIL OFF GULFSTREAM IV ... ›
- Airbus A220 Is The New 'It' Plane, And It Could Be As Game ... ›
- Your Own Airbus A220 Home Flight Simulator! (Bombardier CSeries ... ›
- Another Crash - Who's Training These Guys? - FliegerFaust ›
- Coast Guard: Search for Survivors After Reported Plane Crash Near Emerald Isle - FliegerFaust ›