Airbus Called The A220 "An Amazing Piece of Technology"
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
Mai 21, 2019 - by Scott Hamilton for Leeham News
Scherer proved that he can turn a phrase, reminiscent of his predecessor, John Leahy, whose acerbic wit sometimes ran away.
Scherer touted the A350, a new design, has having 45 tonnes less take-off weight than "that re-engined hummer," the Boeing 777X. The 777X is a re-engined version of the original 777, now informally called the Classic.
The 777-8 faces the A350-1000 while the 777-9 has a market segment to itself, when talking about capacity. Sales of the 777X have stalled since the program was launched because the -8 is an ultra-long-haul niche airplane and the -9 is, say some, too big.
Sales of the -1000 stalled because the production line is sold out into the next decade.
The A350-900 faces the Boeing 787-10.
"The A350 is the most modern aircraft out there in the long-haul sector," Scherer said.
Mhun said a new final assembly line is Mobile (AL) for the A220 one expansion of production rates. Airbus delivered its 12,000th airplane yesterday, an A220 assembled in Montreal for Delta Air Lines.
Scherer said adaptability and flexibility is required for the airlines.
Competition constantly forces airplane manufacturers to adapt, Scherer said. Airbus innovated and adapted by acquiring the Bombardier C Series, a clean-sheet design, to supersede the shrinks of the A318 and A319.
The A220, as the C Series was renamed, is flexible, flying short and long hops.
Mhun called the A220 "an amazing piece of technology."
The A220 opens a new market access for Airbus, said Scherer, spanning the regional and mainline aircraft.
- Video - Air Baltic Bombardier CS300 ULTIMATE COCKPIT MOVIE ... ›
- Video: Boeing's Reaction on Delta Ordering A220-CSeries ›
- Air Baltic to start in-house Airbus A220 C-checks in 2019 - Moves to ... ›
- King of Regional Flying: A Review of Delta's Airbus A220-100 in ... ›
- Bombardier Global 7500 Flight Test - FliegerFaust ›
- Bell Autonomous Pod Transport Completes Beyond Visual Line of Sight Flight... - FliegerFaust ›
- Is This Now Aviation? Beetle-Mounted Camera Streams Insect Adventures - FliegerFaust ›
- New Runway Coming To Airport Near You? (Video) - FliegerFaust ›
- Interesting: Army-TTSA Partnership Could Render Vehicles Invisible... - FliegerFaust ›
- The ‘Flying-V,’ a Fuel-Efficient Alternative to Jumbo Jets, Just Flew for the First Time... - FliegerFaust ›