NAV CANADA - Reopening Of The Control Tower At MIRABEL Airport YMX/CYMX - January 30, 2020
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
November 15, 2019 - Sylvain Faust for Fliegerfaust
Following an aeronautical study, NAV CANADA recently announced the reopening of the control tower at Mirabel International Airport starting January 30, 2020. (more below)
The tower will operate 16 hours a day; during the remaining 8 hours, the Flight Service Station (FSS) will take over.
The Mirabel Airport airspace will become Class D during the "Tower" operational and Class C when under the supervision of the FSS.
FSS, what is it?
"A flight service station (FSS) is an air traffic facility that provides information and services to aircraft pilots before, during, and after flights, but unlike air traffic control (ATC), is not responsible for giving instructions or clearances or providing separation."
"They do, however, relay clearances from ATC for departure or approaches. The people who communicate with pilots from an FSS are referred to as flight service specialists." wikipedia
- New Air Show in Mirabel, Quebec, Canada in September 2020 ... ›
- Nouveau Spectacle Aérien à Mirabel en Septembre 2020 - Volaria ... ›
- Mirabel is Getting Closer To Creating a Major Aerospace Hub ... ›
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Boeing 747SP (B74S) landing in Montreal ... ›
- Augmentation Du Trafic Aérien à l'Aéroport de Mirabel de Presque ... ›
- Eerie Photos of an Abandoned Airport That Hasn't Been Touched in 25 years - FliegerFaust ›