Bombardier’s New Global 6500 Business Jet Combines Speed, Efficiency and Long Range - Pictures...
The Global 6500 can connect Hong Kong or Singapore to London nonstop.
August 27, 2019 - by DANIELLE CUTLER for robbreport.com
The Global 6500 has completed 90 percent of its flight testing, with its wings and engines in their final stages of validation, and the first production aircraft has moved into the company's completion center in Montreal.
Purpose-built Rolls-Royce Pearl 15 engines and a new wing make the Global 6500 fast and efficient, with a maximum range of 6,600 nautical miles. Some have questioned whether that much range is necessary.
Bill Papariella, cofounder of long-range jet-services company Jet Edge, can argue either way: "From a corporate standpoint, I do think they're using the range. Let's say you're GM and you have operations in Australia, why wouldn't you want to do nonstop to Australia from Detroit?
But I do think they've made the range so far that it's probably not used nearly as much as it was ever intended," Papariella says. "That said, [long-range jets] are still flying off the shelves."
With a top speed of Mach 0.90—and cruise speed of Mach 0.85—the Global 6500 can connect Hong Kong or Singapore to London nonstop. And the newly designed wing brings improved aerodynamics to provide a gentler flight...
- The Insider - What's Going To Happen at Bombardier - A Must Read ... ›
- Rolls-Royce Delivering Pearl 15s for Bombardier's New Global 5500 ... ›
- Bombardier Now Flying Two Flight-test Global 5500/6500s ... ›
- Four More Global 7500 Aircraft Are Now Part Of That Firm Purchase ... ›
- Things You Don't Know About The First Delta A220 / CSeries ... ›