Trainee Pilot Lands Plane Safely After Instructor Passes Out
A student pilot in Australia safely landed a light aircraft during a flying lesson, after his instructor passed out at the controls.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
September 2, 2019 - by bbc.com
Western Australian man Max Sylvester made a distress call to air traffic control about an hour into his flight on Saturday when his teacher collapsed beside him.
Operators at an airport in Perth helped him guide the aircraft to the ground.
Mr Sylvester was later praised for his quick response and composure.
In his emergency call, a recording of which was later made public, he describes his teacher's condition before taking instructions on flying the plane.
"I'm trying to keep him up but he keeps falling down," he tells the operator.
When asked if he knows how to operate the Cessna aircraft, he replies: "This is my first lesson."
Mr Sylvester had taken two flying lessons prior to the flight but it was his first encounter with the aircraft, and he had never tried a landing before...
- Video - See How Canadian Search & Rescue Comes and Save You ... ›
- Landing A350's wake suspected in Dubai DA62 crash - FliegerFaust ›
- Video: Runway Incursion: Near-Disaster at Springfield Branson ... ›
- Boeing 737 Max Crash - What People Don't Get About Why Planes ... ›
- Texas plane crash: 10 killed in small plane accident at Dallas-area ... ›
- Accident at Fiumicino: pieces of plane fall on roofs and cars, "a man ... ›