LONDON TO SYDNEY IN LESS THAN 5 HOURS WITH SABRE ROCKET PLANE
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
September 26, 2019 - by airlineratings.com
Flight times from London to Sydney could be up to 80 per cent shorter by the 2030s if a hypersonic rocket engine – SABRE – being developed in the UK gets off the ground according to a report from CNN.
The UK Space Agency has announced at the UK Space Conference 2019 this week that it would be working more closely with the Australian Space Agency in an agreement dubbed a "world-first Space Bridge."
The Synergetic Air-Breathing Rocket Engine (SABRE) engine, from Oxfordshire-based Reaction Engines, looks to be the jewel in the crown of this new enterprise reports CNN.
"When we have brought the SABRE rocket engine to fruition, that may enable us to get to Australia in perhaps as little as four hours," said Graham Turnock, head of the UK Space Agency...
- China Conducts First Successful Flight of a Hypersonic Waverider ... ›
- Boeing's Hypersonic Plane to be also a Hyper Polluter (video ... ›
- China Tests Hypersonic TBCC Engine Capable of Mach 6 ... ›
- Russia hypersonic weapon reaching targets at a speed of 20 times ... ›
- Trainee Pilot Lands Plane Safely After Instructor Passes Out ... ›
- Britain's Sentinel Recon Aircraft Gets an Upgrade | Defense News ... ›
- China denounces U.N. aviation emissions plan in blow to industry ... ›