The United States provides almost a quarter of Montreal-based ICAO’s annual budget
U.S. withholds U.N. aviation dues, calls for immediate whistleblower protections
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 3, 2019 - by Allison Lampert for reuters.com
The United States is withholding its dues to the U.N.'s aviation agency, arguing the body needs to move quickly with reforms like expanding public access to documents and giving greater protections to whistleblowers, U.S. government and aviation sources told Reuters this week.
The United States has been advocating for greater transparency and protection for whistleblowers at the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), after an insider's account of a 2016 cyberattack at the agency generated fallout when it was reported in the media this year.
U.S. officials have accused ICAO of downplaying the severity of the breach and have called on the organization to be more open....
- A380 Emirates plane in 'Near Miss' mid-air Collision with Airbus A330 ›
- F-35: ONE Engine is Safer than TWO!?? - Says Pratt & Whitney ... ›
- Stealthy No More? A German Radar Vendor Tracked The F-35 ... ›
- European Aviation Safety Agency Sets Strict Demands For Boeing ... ›
- FOUND: The Hercules that had gone missing on 23 May 1969 ... ›