All engines look good for John Travolta's Boeing 707 flight to Albion Park in November
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 28, 2019 - by Greg Ellis for illawarramercury.com.au
Meetings are under way with Shellharbour City Council to plan events around the arrival of John Travolta and the Boeing 707 he is donating to the Historical Aircraft Restoration Society.
November is still the estimated time of arrival for the aircraft after the HARS team responsible for flying it to Australia make good headway.
Project manager Maureen Massey and three others have just returned from a trip to Georgia to assess what maintenance and paperwork is still required.
"We did a full engine run during this last trip and number two engine blew a hydraulic line," Ms Massey said.
"You will find that with an aircraft that hasn't been flown for a while. So we will have to replace hydraulic lines on all four engines.
And we expect there will be a few more things like that. All donations to help us will be gratefully received"...
- SPACEFORCE! : He Knows Something... UFO? Aliens? President ... ›
- Delta's CEO Explains Why He Skipped A Meeting With President ... ›
- Trump-China Trade War Hits Boeing - FliegerFaust ›
- Things You Don't Know About The First Delta A220 / CSeries ... ›
- FOUND: The Hercules that had gone missing on 23 May 1969 ... ›