ATC Mistakes Sent 777 Towards California Mountain, NTSB Finds
May 15, 2019 - by Sean Broderick for aviationweek.com
WASHINGTON—An air traffic controller's errant instruction to turn left instead of right towards an assigned heading during a rare departure pattern out of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) led an EVA Air Boeing 777 to within hundreds of feet of a mountain peak topped with large antennas, an NTSB investigation found.
The incident took place Dec. 16, 2016. Weather at the time was overcast with steady rain and visibility of about 1,000 ft.
The weather and winds had the ...
- The U.S. Army Is Going to Blow Up This Ex-Saudi Airlines Boeing ... ›
- antonov crash - FliegerFaust ›
- Air India Pilot Averts Massive Disaster, Saves 370 Lives by Manually ... ›
- 2017-07-07 Air Canada A320 lined-up on taxiway on approach to ... ›
- 2019 Aircraft Localization Competition - Montréal - April 15, 2019 ... ›